Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that causes raised red and silver scaly patches to appear on the skin.
Within the last year I have personally been affected by psoriasis as it is currently flaring up on my body. At times the psoriasis is painful and the most itchiness you can imagine – times ten!
I wake up in the middle of the night scratching my spots. It is terrible. There is not a cure for psoriasis, but there are things we can do to help control the symptoms.
I found that doubling up on the Omega 3 CoQ10 patch seems to ease the scaliness. I am wearing two of these a day. In addition, I am applying a vitamin e oil and an over-the-counter topical ointment with the active ingredient Salicylic acid.
In addition to these steps, I am eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables (I am a vegetarian), exercising regularly and making it a point to get sun exposure to my psoriasis lesions.
Steps I am taking to fight Psoriasis
- Diet – Healthy with an emphasis on fruits and vegetables
- Exercise- Train 3-4 times weekly
- Sun exposure – Vitamin D therapy (tanning) 3-4 times weekly
- Supplements – I find the Omega 3 CoQ10 and Multivitamin patches to aid in flair up relief
- Ointments – Vitamin e and Salicylic acid alternate application 4-5 times daily
- Positive attitude – There is not a cure, but I am looking!
Necessity is the mother of all invention and I am in serious need of psoriasis relief.